Things that have made me smile as of recently:
- I had a wonderful time at GSA the other day and community truly is a beautiful thing. We can do so many amazing things when we put our minds and hearts together.
- I met a lovely bunch of people and hung out with two of them yesterday. Needless to say, I had a blast. It was just what I needed. Making friends has always been hard for me, so I’m very happy about that.
- I conquered my fear of driving long distances. (Haha.)
- My nails are finally growing now that I’ve stopped biting them.
- My short story was published in my school’s literary magazine! (Still stoked.)
- I bought a fabulous new gypsy-esque skirt.
- My cat now refuses to cuddle with anyone except for me. (Teehee.)
And all of these things are just the little things in life. You don’t need to be a millionaire or live in a huge house or drive a Mercedes Benz to be happy. Happiness is all around you. You really just have to open your eyes and look around you.
When I’m feel especially down, I like to make a list of all the little things that are good in my life. You’d be surprised how many things you come up with! There is sunshine in your life, even in the darkest of times. It’s up to you to find it.